The Open Enrollment process can seem daunting—but Nexben is here to help. Our end-to-end ICHRA technology platform makes the process of setting up and enrolling in an ICHRA easy.
This blog will highlight six key steps you’ll encounter during enrollment and how Nexben’s all-in-one ICHRA solution can help you navigate each one.
1. Updating Company Information
The first step in the ICHRA Open Enrollment process is ensuring you have accurate company information on file. Edit company information by following these steps:
- On the Nexben platform, click the Company tab located on the top navigation bar or the Company settings tile.
- Review the company information on file and make any changes, if necessary.
- Verify that all company contacts are entered.
- When everything looks good on the Company page, click Save.
2. Adding Employee Information—Census Data
Next, you’ll want to be sure your Employee Directory is populated with the required employee data. If your health insurance broker hasn’t pre-loaded this into Nexben, you can do so by following these steps:
- From the Home Page, click the Employees tab located on the top navigation bar or the Employees tile. This will take you to the Employee Directory.
- Click on Census Upload, in the drop-down menu click Download Employee Census. Fill out the form, following the instructions provided at the top of the census template.
- To upload the census, click on Census Upload, in the drop-down menu click Upload Employee Census.
After uploading employees, you may find yourself needing to add or delete an employee. Not to worry—follow these steps if that scenario arises:
Adding an employee
- In the Employee Directory, click Action, then click Add Employee. Fill in fields (all * fields are required), enter email address, then click Save.
- The employee can be added to the current enrollment. Select yes to add employee to enrollment, then select the appropriate enrollment.
Deleting an employee
- In the Employee Directory, check the box next to each employee you would like to delete, click Action, then select Delete.
3. Changing Employee Information
Once employees are added to the Nexben system, you can make changes as needed by following these steps:
- In the Employee Directory, click on the employee name.
- Three tabs will appear in the middle of the screen –Profile, Employment, Dependents. Select a tab and click Edit to change any information on these pages, when finished click Save.
4. Selecting Employees for Enrollment
Now that you’ve uploaded employee information, you’re ready for the next step in the enrollment process: selecting employees for enrollment. To do this, follow these steps:
- From the Home Page, click on the Enrollments tab, then select your current enrollment from the Enrollments Directory.
- Click Action, then click Add Participants.
- Select the employees you would like to add by checking the box to the left of their name (if you are selecting all employees, check the All box located just under the “Action” button), then click Continue.
- Select the effective date for these employees, then click Save.
5. Inviting Employees to Enroll
The next step in the enrollment process is to invite your employees to enroll. Here’s how to do it:
- On the Employees page, click Action, then Invite All. You may also invite them individually by clicking Connect next to each employee’s name.
Once employees are invited, they will receive an email inviting them to create their own Nexben username and password. They will use these credentials to access their portal. Employee’s who have an account can simply log into their Nexben accounts (options to recover username or reset password are available, if necessary)
6. Enrolling on Behalf of an Employee
You may not always encounter a scenario where you must enroll on behalf of an employee—but if you do, Nexben has you covered. To enroll for an employee during Open Enrollment, with the employee in attendance, follow these steps (and, please note that the employee must be present during this process):
- From the Home Page, click on the Enrollments tab, then select your current enrollment from the Enrollments Directory
- Click Enroll next to the employee you would like to enroll.
- Follow the enrollment steps as outlined above.
- Search for and select health coverage.
- Enter HSA contribution amounts, if HSA qualified plan selected.
- Select additional products, if applicable.
- On the last page a full summary of the employee’s benefit enrollment choices and monthly costs are provided. Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the screen.
- Read the documentation provided by each carrier, then click eSign on each product line.